Saturday, January 19, 2013

10 Perfections to Buddhahood

10 Perfections to Buddhahood (Dasa Parami)

1st Perfection of Generosity : Dana
May I be generous and helpful!

2nd Perfection of Morality : Sila
May I be well-disciplined and refined in manners!
May I be pure and clean in all my dealings!
May my thoughts, words and deeds be pure!

3rd Perfection of Renunciation : Nekkhamma
May I not be selfish and self-possessive but selfless and disinterested!
May I be able to sacrifice my pleasure for the sake of others!

4th Perfection of Wisdom : Panna
May I be wise and be able to see things as they truly are!
May I see the light of Truth and lead others from darkness to light!
May I be enlightened and be able to enlighten others!
May I be able to give the benefit of my knowledge to others!

5th Perfection of Energy : Viriya
May I be energetic, vigorous and persevering!
May I strive diligently until I achieve my goal!
May I be fearless in facing dangers and courageously surmount all obstacles!
May I be able to serve others to the best of my ability!

6th Perfection of Patience : Khanti
May I be ever patient!
May I be able to bear and forbear the wrongs of others!
May I ever be tolerant and see the good and beautiful in all!

7th Perfection of Truthfulness : Sacca
May I ever be truthful and honest!
May I not hide the truth to be polite!
May I never swerve from the path of Truth!

8th Perfection of Determination : Aditthana
May I be firm and resolute and have an iron will!
May I be soft as a flower and firm as a rock!
May I ever be high-principled!

9th Perfection of Loving-Kindness : Metta
May I ever be kind, friendly and compassionate!
May I be able to regard all as my brothers and sisters and be one with all!

10th Perfection of Equanimity : Upekkha
May I ever be calm, serene, unruffled and peaceful!
May I gain a balanced mind!
May I have perfect equanimity!

May I serve to be perfect!
May I be perfect to serve!

-Venerable Narada (Buddhism in a Nutshell )

No comments:

Post a Comment